Tuesday, September 8, 2009

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA! TETSUOOOOOOOOO!

I don't do the whole "cats saying funny shit" stuff, but this is funny:

akira tetsuo Pictures, Images and Photos

Anyhoodle, I bring you this picture of a soon to be sat-upon kittie because Collider is reporting that, much like my hatred for Brett Favre, the live-action American Akira movie isn't dead yet. Leo DiCaprio's peeps own the rights and are warming things up again after they cooled down after they heated up. That sentence got away from me. I meant to explain that the project was fast tracked last year, declared dead earlier this year, and is now alive again. Got it? Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, the latter of whom sounds totally made up, are the dudes behind Children of Men, one of the best sci-fi movies not released this year. They have been tasked with making the thing resonate more with mainstream audiences than Watchmen did, which is a challenge given the fact that I've seen the original anime about 10 times and I still have no effin' clue what is really going on. I think it has something to do with an angry Asian Michael Jackson impersonator and a really grumpy guy on mutant steroids. Oh, and creepy children who look like 1000-year-old aliens. You know what, on second thought, I'm thinking we should leave it alone or it could end up looking like this:

Hate Crew Pictures, Images and Photos

Nobody wants that.

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home