Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday morning is for Michael Mann

I'm so far past tired that if tired were Omaha, I would be on Zoltan 5 in the Nebulon galaxy. I have had less hours of sleep than an insomniac at a Red Bull tasting party, so you'll have to excuse me if I can't quite find a way to make the only developing news of the weekend, Variety's report that Michael Mann is making a romantic drama set in the Spanish Civil War, into a hilarious and wacky write up. Don't get me wrong, I normally find the Spanish Civil War hysterical...really, what nation divided against itself in bloody combat isn't a veritable laugh riot. But today, I can only give you details, like the fact that it's about renowned war photographer Robert Capa and his relationship with fellow photographer Gerda Taro and the speculation that he'll probably try to get Johnny Depp to do it. People kind of dogged on Mann's last movie, Public Enemies, but people also dog on banana-flavored Runts, and they're the best ones. I will find it interesting to see if the mega-meticulous Mann decides to shoot this with Spanish-speaking actors across the board or with American actors who put on bad Spanish accents like they were pretending to be Zorro for Halloween (come on, we all know that low-rent Zorro costumes are a staple of last-minute Halloween party attendees). By the way, while bringing you this exciting news about a potentially stuffy film about the Spanish Civil War, I spilled an entire cup of coffee into my top drawer. Yipeeeeee! Oh, and also unrelated, because this mentioned the Spanish language, this is what has been in my head for the last two weeks (if anyone can help me make this my ringtone, muchas gracias):



Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

2 Comments:

Anonymous jonna rebensdorf said...

for ring tones: go to www.mymyxer.com- you can upload the track, if you can somehow get it recorded, and then condense it to ringtone. oh- and it's free. luck.

October 05, 2009  
Blogger Abbie Syrek said...

I am now officially concerned about your obsession with this clip. Last night I heard you walking around the house mumbling "la biblioteca" over and over again. Perhaps the lack of sleep you refer to is making you delirious.

October 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home