Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Box Office Results: See, I told you Zombieland ruled

I knew that Zombieland was going to be a big, fat hit and I was right. Plus, I'm willing to venture that not much is going to challenge it in the upcoming weeks, giving it a clear shot at some really decent numbers (by the by, it has already made its money back). That's exciting because I really would like to see more of Tallahassee and Emma Stone (note, that's the CHARACTER Woody Harrelson plays and the actress Emma Stone...I care nothing for Stone's character and Woody Harrelson as a human). In related news, Ricky Gervais needs to stick to TV where he's really able to shine (it's not like movies are the pro league and TV is for amateurs, stick to what you're good at) and Whip It got whupped. That's what passes for clever from me today.

Here's the wrap-up (haiku style)

1.) Zombieland - $25 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92%)

Zombies are still cool
Woody Harrelson is too
but just this one time.

2.) Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - $17 million (Accuracy of prediction - 94%)

This movie must go
I have run out of "ball" jokes
and that makes me sad.

3.) Toy Story/Toy Story 2 3D - $12.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 94%)

These movies aren't new.
Think Toy Story 3 will bank?
Pixar smells money.

4.) The Invention of Lying - $7 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90%)

Hey, Ricky Gervais,
make another TV show.
You do those real good.

5.) Surrogates - $7 million (Accuracy of prediction - 0%)

Bruce Willis, you suck.
You ruined my predictions.
Why hurt me like that?

Overall accuracy of prediction - 74%

Almost a good one.
Damn you, Bruce Willis. Damn you!
I mean, if I cared.

That's it. I'm off to act like a zombie now. Happy Monday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home