Friday, February 5, 2010

Fast, Furious, Fabulous

I don't know who first made the observation that the Fast and the Furious franchise is chock full of muted homoeroticism, but they are sooooo right. At least a dozen times in 3 of the 4 movies (like everyone else I know, I didn't see Tokyo Drift, so maybe it happens in that too), I was convinced that the lead male characters were about to start making out. It wasn't just me either. There are at least 10 different recut trailers that spell out the gay themes in the films, here's one of them.



Personally, I think it's great. I would love nothing more than for the filmmakers to come out and be like "yep, all you testosterone junkies have been watching a franchise about gay love." We'll get this nation to be tolerant one shitty action movie at a time, dammit! Anyhoodle, they're making Fast and the Furious 5, or as they're calling it Fast Five, which sounds like a gay bar, right? Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are back, apparently. I didn't see the last one, so I can't say what this one will include (other than scenes of the two sweaty men inches apart).

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home