Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things You Should Buy Me (Volume 19)

I spent so much time on "Lost" these past two days, I will have a super-sized Junk Drawer tomorrow for all of you (that's what we in the business call a "preview"). So please come back to this same spot tomorrow and gaze upon my massive junk. For now, let's talk about the stuff that should be bought for me (or, more accurately, sent to me for free by people who know I pimp good stuff). As was recommended, you can feel free to send stuff to me by contacting me at film@thereader.com to find out my address. I don't actually expect my friends and family to do this, but Lord do I hope some company does, just so I can celebrate that glorious moment.

Here's what I want this week:

1.) Seriously, how do I not own this already? - This is so amazing that I can't believe I don't already have it on me right now. It's on Cafepress, and it's a zip-up hoodie.


If you can't read it, it says "Guns don't kill boys, Sayid does." How great is that? Wow is that perfect. I love that wacky Iraqi so much.

2.) Even this image is cool. - I make pasta a lot (because it's easy). How cool is this from thinkgeek?

I mean, you can put that in the dishwasher so much easier. Plus, hello space-age, futuristic dishes!!! How cool are you if you pull out this to strain your pasta? Answer: Very.

3.) I have to know. - Abbie and I just both finished reading Margaret Atwood's incredible follow-up/sequel/not-really-a-sequel-so-much-as-a-side-story-to-"Oryx and Crake" novel called "Year of the Flood." Not too long ago, I found out that there was a music CD that was based on the songs contained in the book. I know have to know what they sound like, even though I'm guessing the answer is creepy. Amazon has it.

Hymns of the God's Gardeners; Lyrics from Year of the Flood
Mostly, I'm just happy this exists. It's so cool that someone went to the lengths of making this that I want to reward that...by getting it for free.

Okay, I know there wasn't a ton of chatty mcchat chat in this weeks Things You Should Buy Me, but I'm riding a "Lost" high and a wicked sinus infection/cold thing. So forgive me!

Labels:

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home