Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm horny for the Hornet.

I won't lie to you, the phrase Michel Gondry's Green Hornet still makes me giddier than James Carville during any interview he's ever given. I mean, the guy who did the best movie of the last decade in my opinion (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) directing a superhero movie...with SETH ROGEN as the lead? Um, okay...let's do that...let's do that right now. So it's with great glee that I pass unto you what was passed to me by Slashfilm.com (and was passed to them by CBM): Here's the best look we've had at how Rogen and his sidekick will appear in the film:


WOW! Gondry's decision to make both men look like tiny action figures is really inspired! I mean, the endless visual possibilities, the sheer metaphorical implications of shooting a superhero movie (which is usually humans playing with other humans as action figures) with actual action figures... What's that? I'm being told that these are simply action figures based on the characters in the movie and not the stars of the film. My B, yo. So what can we tell about the visual style from this? Well, Rogen is wearing the finest in flasher trenches, whereas Kato comes with real-life "cow milking grip" action. That's my best guess. Okay, I know this wasn't terribly exciting, but seeing how I haven't been able to lay my eyes upon so much as one still from the film, this will have to tide me over for now.

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home