Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm still mad, mom

I've told this story before, so I won't overdo it again...but I never got to have the cool black lion that made up the best part of Voltron.

Ugh, look at how incredibly awesome that toy is, but you can see where you'd want the lion that made up the middle (with the pop out head and the cool chest plate that has weirdly theological markings) and not, say, the right arm. My mother, in her infinite wisdom, decided that since my friend had the center one, I should get a few of the other lions so we could play together. Not understanding the mind of a young boy, she didn't realize that (A) I knew then and there that my mother did not love me for real, I was never going to have a successful life, and that this world is a cruel place and (B) boys aren't good at sharing even when they're adults. The man with the center, black lion is king. I was a foot and an arm. And not even the same side. I was right arm and left foot. I couldn't even claim control over one side of the body. Anyway, I'm hoping things will be different this time around, as the owners of the rights to "Voltron" have decided that there's only room for one giant robot explosion movie (damn you, Bay) and have decided to go back to cartoons. They're readying a new version set for air on Cartoon Network in the near future...alongside a "Thundercats" reboot. My nostalgia apparently has power, as this is all I've ever wanted...well, this and a black lion.

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: ,

Custom Search

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had the full Voltron. It was awesome.

I wouldnt mind seeing a new cartoon but I news the requisite number of Space Explorer references per minute.

June 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home