Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quick Clips for Wednesday December 31

Programming note: On today (obviously). Off tomorrow (if the postal dude won't bring me my catalogs, I won't bring you movie news). On Friday. Then back to normal next week (groan).

Lists! Lists! Lists! Lists!

The entire midwest is like the guy in high-school who isn't quite nerd and isn't quite cool waiting for the hot chick to finish dry humping the "A" crowd before he gets his shot. Basically, when Chicago, New York, and LA are done critically molesting a top notch film, it goes to other big East/West coast cities before finally getting here in early 2009. This is why no top 10 list yet from me for 2008. Worst of is much easier...but we're gonna wait on that too. So, in the flavor of New Year's Eve (Vh1 and E!'s favorite holiday because their incessant countdown programming makes sense on this one day), we're gonna look at the top 10 worst films as proposed by Nick Nunziata at Chud.com, a generally good fella, and I'll provide my thoughts (because I can't help myself).

10.) The Transporter 3

It's beyond me how this could be bad. I mean, just because the first two had the collective intelligence of an inbred cat doesn't mean this should suck.

9.) Vantage Point

This movie starred Matthew Fox. This allows me to mention "Lost" is almost back on. Yipee!!!

8.) The Spirit

This one gobbled from the first image of Samuel Jackson in costume. Here's the thing, if you can make Sam Jackson look stupider than he's looked before, you have set a new suck standard.

7.) Eagle Eye

Totally disagree with this one. Yes, the ending is...we'll go with iffy...but the movie is fun and at least more interesting than most crap out there. Don't harsh on The Boof.

6.) 21

Oh yeah, this movie sucked. It may not have seemed like it as you were watching it, but it did. It was a stealth suck.

5.) Speed Racer

Again, disagree here. Yeah, it's not that good, but nor is it bad, and I "got" what the Wachowskis were going for: epilepsy.

4.) Get Smart

Why harsh so hard on this one? It had Hathaway and Carell, it couldn't be hated that much.

3.) The Happening

Just retyping this title makes my day ruined. Although it does make me think of the Mark Wahlberg talks to animals sketch! I'm happy again!

2.) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Let's get something straight, I agree with Nick N almost always, but this is bullpucky. It's not a "violation of our childhood," it's pretty much in line with most of the Jones films other than the first one, which was totally bad ass. Was it perfect? Hell no! "Nuke the fridge" is the new "jump the shark," but it's actually a fun movie if you don't have a stick up your rump.

1.) Sex and the City

And we're friends again Nick.

What's at stake

I realize that I have been working hard to bring you the news behind the Watchmen saga without showing you what we're fighting over. We're fighting for this:


Watchmen Exclusive


Now, here's the gut-punching funny thing about this: THAT EXCLUSIVE WAS OFFERED THROUGH A FOX SITE. The douches who are trying to prevent you from seeing the movie they are promoting now. Anger. Seething. See, what director Zack Snyder says in the clip is true, the book is one of the most revered of all times (arguably THE most revered comic). The only thing that made it a challenge to film (the ending) has been slightly (heavily) changed. The geek masses already know this and some are okay and others are supa-dupa-pissed. Either way, I JUST WANT TO SEE IT. We need to think of what to do if Fox gets in the way of that. SOMETHING must be done!

End of the year post

This is officially the last post of 2008. Wow. That's crazy. Without getting too much into it, this has been a fun exercise for me thus far, working to write every day (during the week, daddy needs his weekends). Much like writing for The Reader, you never know who is actually reading your stuff. Could be just friends and family or it could be people you don't know. Having re-read that sentence, it sounds like I just thought about what a blog is. That's not my point. My point is, I really want to know if there are people out there reading and, if so, what you'd like to see more (or less) of. Friends and family can pipe in too. This is your last chance in 2008 to correct me before 2009. So, if you want this blog to be better, let me know. Even if I don't hear from you, we had some fun didn't we, making jokes about famous people, hating on Chihuahuas, mocking the Twilight craze. My theory is, odd numbered years rule, so here's hoping we rock it even harder in '09. Thanks for reading and really know I will listen if you suggest things (unless it's something specific to do with my body).
Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home