Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quick clips for Tuesday March 31

Note absent "set phasers to (blank)" joke

They're going to make a sequel to the Star Trek movie that's about to come out but hasn't yet so theoretically could totally tank but won't because, come on have you seen the trailer and it has a built in audience. I really should stop with just that obnoxious run-on sentence, but I won't, because you come for more than that. The writers for the upcoming Star Trek XII are Damon Lindelof (co-creator and still head honcho of "Lost"), JJ Abrams (as if I need to explain more), and Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman ("Transformers"). Hold up...TWELVE?! There have been TWELVE Star Trek movies? Lord have mercy, I can't believe they found a new vein to tap on this franchise. Now, without divulging into spoilers (which wouldn't actually be spoilers because I haven't seen the new movie, so they would just be rumors but I'm splitting hairs), it seems like this will (obviously) follow "new" Jimmy T Kirk and his funtime gang of adventurers, but will it follow them through time-line changing events or through moments that would fit into previous continuity? Better yet, if the movies are as exciting and full of ACTION (sorry Trek fans who are more keen on seeing tense dialogue and green-lady banging), will anyone care (besides aforementioned dialogue and green-lady banging fans)?

Croenen-sequel?

Okay, file this one under HELL YES. David Croenenberg is going to make a sequel to Eastern Promises. Now, if you haven't seen the wang-hanging Mafia action original film...LOOK AWAY, because you cannot discuss the sequel without discussing the ending of the penis picture (seriously, I could talk about the insane acting and awesome atmosphere but we all just remember li'l Viggo flapping in the sauna). Okay, so the next film will follow Viggo's character, who was revealed to be a British spy. HOW COOL IS THAT? We're going to get a Croenenberg spy flick starring Viggo Mortensen. I just can't possibly tell you how cool that is. For those who think all sequels are bad or that creative directors and writers are somehow above the practice, take a good look at an example of something that SHOULD make a good sequel. I like the character and want to know more. I want the world and don't quite get how it all fits together. It seems like a good idea to have another film take place after the fact. What a piece of bright shiny good news!

Emma Stone is 21 so I can talk about her hotness without feeling too gross

Two things: (1) Emma Stone is going to be huge. When I saw Superbad, that's one of the first things I said about it. Her raspy voice, super unique hotness, and general charisma are just off the effing charts. (2) It's going to happen soon. Between the upcoming Zombieland, Sucker Punch, and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and yesterday's announcement of Easy A (a movie about a girl who pretends to be a slut to get attention and is somehow in parallel with Hester Prynne?), she's gonna be everywhere soon. This is a good thing. Why? Because I think the gal's got chops (and gams from hell, but that's beside the point). I like to see young actresses with actual talent rise to the top. From Anne Hathaway to Michelle Williams, we're seeing a new crop emerge and I think that Stone has what's needed to get up there (beyond her insane hotness, did I mention that?). So, even though the individual projects mentioned above do not fill me with joy, the fact that there are so many of them does increase her odds of being the "next thing." But I will punch anyone who calls her a thing.

Okay gang, that's all she wrote for regular blogging this week. I may or may not be popping back in as the week rolls on. Best of luck to ya.
Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home