Friday, August 14, 2009

If you see one movie with Ron Perlman, Paul Giamatti, and Angus Scrimm next year...

Not to harsh on this sweet-ass gig, but the perks can sometimes feel somewhat few and far between (as in, few people actually comment on this site and I am far from being famous). One of the highlights for me was the interview I did with Bruce Campbell for Bubba Ho-Tep, an interview which necessitated me getting Bruce Campbell's home number (which is still in my phone all these years later...whether or not he still lives there). He was so incredibly kick-ass to talk to, shifting repeatedly back and forth from the Bruce Campbell persona to an actual human being. Many years later, and the brief contact I had with this man remains the thing that people are most taken by in my resume (I'm not sure if I'm flattered or offended). So, as much as it sucks that Bruce (we're on a first name basis...in that I use his and he wouldn't know mine) is not in the upcoming Bubba Nosferatu, it's totally rad that the sequel is finally happening. The long-gestating film from Don Coscarelli is finally happening, as Fangoria Radio got the B-movie maven to cop to a forthcoming fall shoot, with Ron Perlman taking over as Elvis, Giamatti joining as Colonel Tom Parker, and Angus Scrimm (from Phantasm and my nightmares) as a Boris Karloff-like horror star. If you haven't seen Bubba Ho-Tep this all sounds batshit crazy. If you have seen it, it sounds batshit AWESOME. I can't tell you how excited I am for this film, and I deeply hope that I can continue the tradition (one time makes a tradition in my book) of talking to the guy who plays Elvis in this series, as talking to Ron Perlman may be the only thing that bumps my Bruce Campbell story from the top spot. Oh, yeah, sure, talking to Oscar-nominee Paul Giamatti would be nice, but Ron Perlman has starred with both Linda Hamilton AND Wesley Snipes. Top that shit.

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home