Thursday, September 17, 2009

The coolest photo ever

This isn't about the fact that I lean left or the fact that I consider Barack Obama to be doing a great job in one of the worst situations ever given to an incoming president. That's beside the point. This is about the sheer power of movies and nerd-dom to rule the world. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the leader of the free world...playing with a lightsaber.

zz05b015d8

I don't care the context, I care that this ISN'T photoshopped. That's our leader showing great form with a blue lightsaber, reportedly having something to do with him arguing for Chicago to get the Olympics. I don't really care. I just care that this is Exhibit A in how prevalent movies are in modern culture. I care that it demonstrates fairly conclusively that Star Wars remains a cultural touchstone that even George Lucas can't totally ruin. I hope the President is an unlockable Jedi in the next game. I hope that he gets his own lightsaber weilding action figure. This is just so goofy it makes me smile. Happy Thursday!

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home