Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shocker: Michael Bay NOT attached to new Jane Eyre adaptation

I still haven't seen Sin Nombre (a supposedly wickedly good indie), but I really, really want to. I should get on that, I have only myself to blame. Anyway, the director Cary Fukunaga is hot shit right now and has chosen...another adaptation of "Jane Eyre" as his next film?! This information comes from Variety, but screw those guys, I found it in an article by Russ Fisher of Slashfilm.com, who did an excellent job breaking the news apart into digestible itty-bitty pieces for me. Most notably he points out that Fukunaga is going to likely do well with the social commentary aspects of the novel, which is good, because I really don't care about the rest. I know I should, what with me being a literature guy and all, but I don't. It was bland to me. Oh, funny story for you. Not Slashfilm's fault, but how funny is it that in a write-up about Jane Eyre, one of the most "plain" characters ever written (it's a selling point for many people, as in "hey, it's a story about an ordinary looking girl"...and they'll probably get some stunning actress to play her but WITHOUT MAKEUP so it will be all revolutionary), this is the ad that was on the page:


"Hey people potentially interested in a film from a sophisticated director about a feminist novel that takes on social constructs and gender roles...LOSE WEIGHT YOU FATTIES." That's really amusing to me.

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home