Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Something completely different

Hey out there loyal readers of this here blog. I don't know how to do this concisely, but here's me trying.

My wife is the head coach of the UNO Forensics team (that's the University of Nebraska at Omaha speech team, for those who don't get the lingo), and I help her out. It's more than a job to her (and me), it's something that changes the lives of young people and helps shape our community if not our country. Not to demean or insult any other activity, but I personally believe that this is the single greatest extracurricular that college kids can be involved with. It teaches all manner of social and professional skills, social awareness, teamwork, and on and on and on.

Thing is, our team needs help. This being a lingering recession year and all, the university can't go above and beyond as they have the last few years. We need your help in order to travel to nationals. I won't go on about all the ins and outs, because it's all contained in the story right HERE. Please read it. If you feel so inclined, click on the link at the bottom and make a secure donation. If you have any questions, hit me up at film@thereader.com or email my wife directly at asyrek@unomaha.mail.edu. For real, this won't go to fund anything other than helping a nationally ranked team actually go to nationals. Thanks for listening.
Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home