Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This movie news can only lead to inappropriate jokes

I know this is going to be a whitewashed, bland, tame comedy, but I have to tell you that this concept is coming dangerously close to child endangerment. Variety is reporting that Disney star Selena Gomez (who is all of 17 years old) is going to star in What Boys Want, which is obviously inspired by the Mel Gibson "classic" What Women Want and has a similar conceit. In this new movie, Gomez will star as a girl who can hear men's thoughts. OH. GOD. That's a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. Let's have a pretty 17-year-old girl hear what MEN are thinking? Are you kidding? Here's the movie: in the first 5 minutes she gets her power, she takes one step out the front door and spends the next 2 hours of the movie in intense therapy, scrubbing herself in a shower, and taking medication. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Her only lines of spoken dialogue will be "WHY? Why are you all so vile?!" I know that this is a Disney project, so this probably isn't the way it's going to go down, but we all know that were this reality, the girl would scoop her brains out with a spoon before 10 minutes had elapsed. This brings me to my greatest discovery of the last 2 weeks: My favorite Conan O'Brien reference. I constantly use the phrase "inappropriate" with the accompanying guitar riff. Everybody always looks at me funny, but it's from this. I thought, given the fact that the movie's premise is so awful and inappropriate, it was a good time to use this.

Inappropriate Reaction Channel - More bloopers are a click away

See, now you'll all understand me!!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home