Monday, November 16, 2009

500th Post EXTRAVAGANZA! - This one's for my wife

It's been a long road to 500 posts, folks. Since this whole fiasco began, I've cultivated a ridiculous personality that is a bizarre combination of arrogance (as is seen in the Ryan's Junk Drawer and Things You Should Buy Me weekly columns) and self-deprecation (as is seen in just about every post). I've mocked everyone from tweens (Miley Cyrus) to senior citizens (I know there's an Abe Vigoda blast somewhere). I've revealed far, far too much about my personal life. I've done it all for you, fair readers. I sincerely hope you've had fun, and I hope that you come back often and tell all of your friends. As you see, we have no advertising here. That's 500 posts without a single ad. Not too shabby. That will likely end as soon as The Reader figures out that the Internet is here to stay or until I figure out how to sell ads myself (I'm not particularly bright with the interwebs). The point is, this hasn't been about money, and it never will be. I love the shit out of writing about movies, and I hope you enjoy reading about it.

Thus, this can't just be a celebration of me, it should be about movies. And so I saved a movie nugget that will be the best news my wife ever heard (including my marriage proposal). Are you ready, honey?

George Strait is making a sequel to Pure Country.


Now that may not mean a lot to you normal people, but to my wife, who admits that the first movie was total dogshit but loves it so much anyway because of her unhealthy obsession with Strait that she has the whole movie memorized (seriously, word for word), this is the best thing ever. The film is called A Pure Country Gift (seriously) and it will feature Strait alongside Dean Cain (seriously) and will tell the story of three angels who give the perfect country singing voice to a young girl (seriously). If that sounds terrible to you, know that it sounds terrible to my wife, too...and that she'll see it in the theater and buy the soundtrack. It has a lot to live up to, check out the trailer for the original Pure Country.



I mean, how can they possibly live up to that? So there it is, my 500th post. Full of nostalgia and George Strait. Who'd have thought we'd make it this far?

Labels: , , ,

Custom Search

2 Comments:

Anonymous Abbie said...

ACK!!!! ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A sequel to Pure Country?!?!?! My life has never had more meaning! Ever! And it's your 500th post. ACK!!!!!! (I shall now run around the block screaming.)

November 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I thought my life changed when I learned Garth Brooks was coming out of retirement - but this - this is great news! This must be what it was like for old people when they heard the Godfather was going to have a sequel.

November 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home