Monday, November 2, 2009

Demonic board game gets movie

No, that blog title doesn't refer to Wes Craven's Candyland. Nope, the movie that's getting made is about this slice of mass-manufactured terror:
http://www.fullhalloween.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ouija-attacks-halloween-tale.jpg
That's right, the guys who wrote Tron Legacy are writing Ouija: The Game: The Movie. Now you can have all the fun of someone pushing a cheap plastic magnifying glass over a fifty-cent piece of cardboard on the big screen! I wonder if the plot point will involve a mean-spirited person who manipulates the device to convince someone that the person they have a crush on hates them...or a mean-spirited friend who manipulates the device to convince someone that they will die in a horrifying fashion...or a mean-spirited friend who manipulates the device to convince someone that everyone knows about their embarrassing health condition. Not that this is in any way my personal experience with the totally innocuous game (although if it was about someone specific, that person should feel really bad now that we're grown up and I have a cool blog and they don't). I love how people think this thing really works...as though Parker Brothers somehow got the rights from Satan to mass produce millions of portals to the next dimension. I'm rambling, the point is we've fully entered the world where any object can be turned into a movie. So I look forward to My Desk: The Movie any day now.

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home