Friday, November 6, 2009

Yogi Boor

So, they're making a Yogi Bear movie. Stop your crying, we all knew this day would come...besides, it gets worse. Dan Aykroyd is suspending his current 10-year project of getting crazy fat to voice the bear, Justin Timberlake has decided to kill whatever tiny shred of cred he had left by voicing effing Boo-Boo, and Anna Faris is also somehow involved, I can only assume as a human attempting to mate with Yogi. This is going to be a live-action/CGI hybrid, but if they really wanted to do it up right, they'd make the bear real and the people fake. Basically, you just have to put a tie on a bear.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/07/13/yogi460.jpg
Why does that picture above creep the shit out of me. It looks like a still from the Bear Witch Project or a freeze frame in the ring. Faris, who I sometimes like when she's not trying to be sexy or stupid or stupid sexy but when she's self-deprecating (see Lost in Translation), must really hate her agent right about now. Why isn't she at least poaching SOME work from Cameron Diaz? And JT...I'm saying this to you in the nicest possible way: You're about one more announced project away from joining my list of "those beyond redemption." You've been warned. Aykroyd...I got nothing against you doing this. It's about at your level. Nice work.

Labels: , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home