Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm feeling woozy...

I was ambivalent when Steven Soderbergh announced he'd be making a La Femme Nikita-esque thriller starring MMA fighter Gina Carano (shown below in her former profession...which is sort of what worries me):
http://www.mmapunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/gina-carano4.jpg
Don't get me wrong, over the years there have been COUNTLESS performances by American Gladiator-turned-actors (it's countless because the number is zero). Then I heard that the same bloke who wrote The Limey, one of the best revenge movies you've never seen (seriously, it makes Taken it's uber bitch), was going to be penning the script for Knockout (that name HAS to change). Then I heard the cast from Movieline and The Playlist...now I'm geeked. Ewan MacGregor, Michael Douglas, Dennis Quaid, and Michael Fassbender (who played the Brit in Inglorious Basterds) are joining the former foam-pad jouster. This whole thing hinges on whether Soderbergh can get the kind of performance from Carano that he gets from most of his actresses (and hookers...see The Girlfriend Experience). If he got Julia Roberts an Oscar, perhaps there's hope.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home