Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tom Hanks to do something that doesn't involve freemasonry or war

We all love Tom Hanks. It's scientific. I was reminded of this when TNT caught my eye by running The Road to Perdition off-and-on for a few days. The jowly, one-time Hooch buddy has been laying low lately, popping up only to make the occasional Dan Brown adaptation and executive produce MORE war miniseries. Seriously, if you write a project that has soldiers solving mysteries of freemasonry, Hanks's head will pop like mine when I finally get to that Spider-man write-up I've been promising. So it's good to hear that, according to Mike Fleming, Hanks may be back in a big way. He's going to write, direct, and star in Larry Crowne opposite Julia Roberts who, despite being gorgeous, does totally look like this Afghan hound.
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/6/128808419510108854.jpg
Roberts has been laying quasi-low herself. Thus, I'm pumped that the two may reunite (after Charlie Wilson's War) and attempt to do something that is at least original. Crowne is about a man who "reinvents himself and find a new career." Generi? Yes. Potentially interesting? Sure. 100% freemason free? Trick question. We'll never know. We'll. Never. Know.


Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home