Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday tidbits

Don't be fooled, this is not my Junk Drawer. That comes on Thursday, dammit. This is just me taking too much time opining and theorizing about "Lost" to give the following things my full attention. I now give you assorted ridiculousness to catch me up today.

  • DeNiro isn't going to let declining talent stop him from making a ton of suck movies. According to Nikki Finke, who a lot of people on the Internet seem to hate, just dropped the knowledge that DeNiro will star in (A) Selma, the new film from Precious director Lee Daniels, about the desegregation campaigns in the South...DeNiro will play George Wallace (not a bad idea, Bobby); (B) Another Night in Suck City, which (besides being appropriately titled for DeNiro's career) sounds promising, as it follows the book "Another Bullshit Night in Suck City," which contained the memoirs of Nick Flynn's time in a homeless shelter, and (C) A Midnight Run sequel. There it is! You just knew that there would be something terrible mixed in there, right? I should have put it in the middle so it was a turd sandwich. Oh well, two out of three ain't bad...until DeNiro makes them and they suck.

  • The Hurt Locker won the Producers Guild Award, officially making the Oscars a 3 horse race (Avatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds). The noms will be released Feb 2, which is "Lost" day. That day is going to flippin' RULE.

  • This is concept art from Cars 2. As much as I trust Pixar, I could give a wet sparrow fart about this project. The first one left me colder and deader inside than a GOP senator discussing poor people. Anyway, here's a shot that shows them in Japan. Yay.

  • Latino Review is suggesting that Sam Worthington may play Dracula in a movie called Dracula Year Zero, which would only be dumber if it were titled Dracula Origins: Year Zero. I haven't surrendered into fully hating Worthington yet, but I'm working on it. He sucked so firmly in Avatar and Terminator: Salvation, but he also is in Clash of the Titans. If I hate him in that, he can't possibly redeem himself. Also, he's 4 feet tall. I saw him on the Golden Globes and I thought he had been digitally shrunk. Also, he's not dracula. Gary Oldman is. See:


Okay, that's it for today gang. See you Tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home