Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Something Irish this way comes...

I'm kind of a fan of Colin Farrell.
Oh, don't judge me. I'm sure if I went through your diary I'd find some hastily written love letter to somebody embarrassing ("Dear Condaleeza Rice and/or the girl who played "Blossom"). Although I didn't gush over In Bruges like several friends of mine, it did warm me to Farrell (I said "warm," not "loin burning"). Then he killed it in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and totally won me over with Crazy Heart, in which he proved he could have a career as an actual country singer (seriously, Irish dude can warble a southern tune like you wouldn't believe...sigh..."Dear diary.."). So I'm going to declare myself excited that he and Toni Collette are going to join up for Fright Night's remake.
For those of you who don't know (really, who doesn't cherish Fright Night): The original is a blend of horror and comedy involving vampires. Oh, I'm sorry...vampires are these fictional creatures that suck blood from humans and live forever. I know they're totally obscure now, but I feel like if given the right kind of press, these mythological beasts may just catch on and be kind of popular some day. Sarcasm aside, at what point of the vampire craze are we in? I don't have much left. I will allow something like this to happen, because it should be somewhat satirical, but between The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, and Twilight (plus countless others), I have to believe that we're on the decrescendo of this rise of evil popularity and not the uptick. Right? I can only deal with these mother-fanging blood suckers for so long.

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home