Monday, May 17, 2010

Zoo with a Crowe

Vulture is reporting that one of my favorite directors may finally wipe the taste of Elizabethtown out of our mouths shortly (FYI - The lingering flavor is of Orlanda Bloom and puke). I love Cameron Crowe, as should anyone who saw Say Anything, Singles, Jerry Maguire, Vanilla Sky, and most certainly Almost Famous.



That clip even made Dick Cheney smile. Yes, I made a Dick Cheney reference, because apparently I'm the only one who remembers that evil sock-tucker. Anyhoodle, Crowe made a misstep of colossal proportions with Elizabethtown, which played like a parody of himself. God that was painful to watch. He was never prolific, but that movie stopped him in his tracks. He's spent the last few years diddling with projects that never made it to life. Now comes word that he's going to direct We Bought a Zoo about a real-life family who bought and lived in a dilapidated zoo despite having zero experience with such things. Cool. I ain't made atcha, Cameron. Everybody makes mistakes. Hell, I was just told that last week in my "Lost" recap, I was writing with such frenzy that I switched "their" and "there," an offense that I could rightfully be stoned to death for. I'm more than willing to forget that you voluntarily chose to cast Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom in a movie together. Honest. Just make me a heartfelt movie, even one set in a zoo, and I'm your huckleberry all over again.

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home