Tuesday, August 31, 2010

From the mouths of madness

Temple of the Ghoul, the only blog I've linked to that suggests I worship the devil, has gotten their hands on some version of Guillermo del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness script.
For those who don't know, as you can see from the book jacket, the story involves a monster who vomits smaller monsters or a scribbled line of ink that encompasses everyone. Okay, in reality, it's about weird ancient creatures that are terrifying. The script review says that they don't dive enough into the mythology of the Lovecraftian terror, the atmosphere is thin in comparison to the action, and it feels like Hellboy without Hellboy. I think he meant those things as complaints, but it pretty much sounds awesome to me. Big fans of Lovecraft scare the pee pee out of me. That stuff is just wicked nuts, and if you dial it back, amp up the action, and make it more about cool creature creation and fun, I'm so incredibly there. If you make it so that I want to tear my own eyes out at the revelations of horror on the screen, I'm really going to avoid this on date night. Obviously, the script may change 10000 times before it's filmed, but it actually sounds like the dude is on the right track. Encouraging news for us non-freaks!

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home