Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hubris, my dear Watson

I like optimism as much as the next guy (more actually, I'm a Cubs and Bears fan), but it seems to me that there's a fine line between having confidence in your upcoming, unreleased, fairly run-of-the-mill looking Sherlock Holmes movie (which bears a striking resemblance to The Wild Wild West adaptation to me) and getting the screenwriters to start working on a sequel. Oh, I get it, your lead is in high demand, what with his armored shenanigans and all (they'll want Downey Jr back in that metal suit ASAP...which is an acronym for "as soon as pee-pee"), but you have no clue if Holmes is going to be a hit despite the gross-national-product of Guam you've sunk into it. Now, it will help things if, as I am still insisting, Brad Pitt is going to cameo at the end as Moriarty, Holmes's nemesis. ...And I suppose if you had an actor of that caliber lined up for what is clearly more than just a quick nod (Moriarty is far too important to recast), I'd imagine you'd have to move fast on a sequel or risk losing him. Hey, now that I think about it, this is beginning to make more sense. If Pitt IS going to be Moriarty, which I know people have disputed but whatever people are lying sacks of Bantha poodoo and Guy Ritchie and Pitt sure do like each other, this HAS to be fast-tracked. That's it, I'm going to go ahead and use this as further proof that my hair-brained Pitt-as-Moriarty idea is confirmed...or at least plausible. Also, I'm not going to complain about any movie with this in it:

http://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/rachel-mcadams-sherlock-holmes-poster.jpg

Dangerously alluring INDEED!

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home