Monday, October 26, 2009

I want to Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang this Doc Savage news

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is as awesomely awesome as awesome things can be awesome. From the ridiculously blazing, rapid-fire dialogue to the sinfully delicious Michelle Monaghan to the pitch-perfect noir feel, I simply could not get enough. I want 20 more movies where Robert Downey Jr spouts off Shane Black's dialogue, such as the following:

"Harmony: Well, for starters, she's been f**ked more times than she's had a hot meal.
Harry: Yeah, I heard about that. It was neck-and-neck and then she skipped lunch."

Seriously, just so good. Anyway, Black told AICN that he's writing Doc Savage, a movie based on the 1930s pulp hero who was a "physician, surgeon, scientist, adventurer, inventor, explorer, researcher, and, a musician." This is about as close to a home-run sure thing as I've ever heard.

So this leave us guessing who will play the nearly always shirtless Savage? Check him out:

I'm going to make two diametrically opposite suggestions: (1) The Rock. Yeah, I know, he makes shitty movies and has never found his niche, but this could really be it. He obviously has the physique and is so inherently likable that I want to see him finally find his home. Spouting off Black's dialogue instead of the cheesy bullpuckey that's normally flowing out of his Disney-fied mouth could be great. (2) Ryan Gosling. Now, he may be dead, I can't be sure. I haven't heard hide nor hair of or from him since he became the next big thing...and then did nothing. Having seen how talented he is, it may be nice to put him back in a big budget bruhaha and see how he does. Really, it's think outside the box with those two or go through the usual suspects that are rumored for everything. I prefer the former. Also, one more Kiss Kiss scene before I go:

"Harry: Well what I'm doing for the guy who likes to bluff is I'm playing a little game called Am I Bluffing? [Loads one round into the revolver to play Russian Roulette] Where is she? Where the f**k is Harmony? You want to play hardball? I can do that. [Spins the chamber and points the gun] Where is the girl? [Shoots the guy in the head]
Perry: What did you just do?
Harry: I just put in one bullet, didn't I?
Perry: You put a live round in that gun?
Harry: Well yeah, there was like an 8% chance.
Perry: Eight? Who taught you math!

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home