Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weird Holiday News Week Volume Three: This doesn't fit my theme

Okay, so this is really just a regular type post in which I speculate about some actress taking on a role in a superhero movie and it in no way really fits the theme I've created. You know what, nobody's perfect, okay. Nobody. Certainly not that mythical ex-boyfriend of yours who did nice things for you that I don't do. I know he's made-up. Anyway, here's your regular (sigh) movie blurb. Kat Dennings, who is endowed with a Scarlett Johnasson-ian degree of actressly gifts, is in Thor. That much we know. Doing what, well, that's the question. Presumably she'll be looking seductive.
http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Kat-Dennings/Kat-Dennings-1173303.jpg
But that just makes good common sense. The word on the street is that she may be playing "The Enchantress," which is a fairly throw-away villainess, but I like the idea of her playing Hela, the queen of the Norse Hell. First off, she's got that dark vibe about her (despite playing the lead in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist which, screw off, I liked). Second, she seems inherently naughty. I don't know what it is, maybe it's how she's drawn, but I'm thinking that I would rather see her be a central role in a big way than some dumb little villain. Oh, there's also a chance she's just taking on a role like "sister to the main female lead." That would be less exciting, except that the female lead is Natalie Portman...so, you guessed it, PICTURE TIME!
http://images.newcelebritypics.com/img/celebs/images/n/natalie_portman_swimming-2388.jpg
I know this post is a little out of what I intended. I don't think you mind.

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home