There have been worse ideas...I just haven't heard them
Part of the fun of whoring myself out to get even a minuscule modicum of money (click my ads...CLICK MY ADS) has been to see what desperate pleas for purchase Google Adsense feels like placing with my posts. I know, I know, the ads routinely change...but ever since I clicked on the option that told them to modify their capitalistic begging according to my content, I've been shocked to learn that (A) they think people who would actually buy Twilight stuff read my stuff, (B) somehow, without mentioning it, they know I love and would recommend "Community" (if this makes that ad come up again...click on it, you get to find out the context for this: Jeff - Is this a joke? Troy - No, this is. Don't eat the crab dip. Yeah, yeah), and (C) even though I have twice ordered and canceled a subscription to Netflix, they have forgiven me. Anyway, I'm really, really, really curious to see what it is they pair with this nugget of news: Variety is reporting that Tobey Maguire is producing a new country music-themed movie called Love Don't Let Me Down and it's going to star Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, and Leighton Meester (seriously, I still don't know what the hell a Leighton Meester is? Is it a drink? Do I drink it? Can it light on fire?). Paltrow (shown below in her deluxe "extra-shiny legs" model) has sung on camera before in Duets (which really should have been the end of that).


The plot involves revolves a singer-songwriter who falls for a struggling country singer (Paltrow) and joins her on a tour with her husband (McGraw) and a beauty queen-turned-singer. Damn, I was hoping McGraw would play against type as the beauty queen-turned-singer. I actually don't mind country music that doesn't have to do with phrases like "You don't mess around, with God's America" (apologies to David Cross on that), but this seems like the type of movie that is just begging for a song from young country strumpets desperate for love. So, let's all take a second to say f**k you for doing this to us, Tobey Maguire, because I'll probably have to see it.

Labels: Country music movie, gwyneth paltrow, leighton meester, love don't let me down, tim mcgraw, tobey maguire


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home