Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Things You Should (and did) Buy Me (Volume 14)

Brace thyselves...we have an update. In what can only be described as the most shocking development since someone thought Paula Abdul should communicate with live humans, I received not one...not two...but FOUR (was there a number that was supposed to go between those?) geek-related products that were mentioned on this here blog. My wife got me this:

Sony BDP-S360 Blu-Ray disc player
(and even though I never mentioned it on the blog, she also got me this:)

Sony BRAVIA Theater System with S-AIR Wireless Speaker Technology, Sony DAV-HDX287/WC
and she also got me this:

Star Trek [Special Edition] [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray]

and this:

Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year Edition [Xbox 360 Game]
and my sister and brother-in-law got me this:


So, even though NOBODY has sent me anything as free swag to promote anything despite my repeated and extreme desires to totally whore myself out for incredibly small items, I at least cannot claim to be shut out any longer. Huzzah. Now, on to more stuff that people should send me or buy me. I prefer the former but will accept the latter (preferably more from people who I do not share a bank account with).

Here are the three items this greedy Gus wants now:

1.) How can anything this charming make nerds sad? - When it was announced that Disney would gobble up Marvel like the fat squirrel in my backyard gobbles the corn we leave for him (his name is Tom Selleck and I'm 99% sure he eats other squirrels), nerds cried out like they had been bad touched. I get it, I do...I just never was all that worried about it. Now I have an artist's rendering of why. I got this from Slashfilm.com who got it from the artist who is selling prints for just $14.99 each.

zz6625ffd4
How could anything that adorable possibly cause us harm?

2.) I have sensitive wrists - I love me some coffee (drinking some now). Not in that whole "it's a part of my identity to discuss how much I love coffee" way, but in the way that I drink it to stay alive. I would put more sugar and whatnot into it, but who among us doesn't LOATHE the sensation of having to move our wrists back and forth. And the mess that comes from sloshing?! THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!


That's a self-stirring mug from Thinkgeek.com. Ya-Boo (again, that's Boo-Ya backwards...I'm going to will that to catch on).

3.) I shouldn't have to explain this - Just so we're clear, I shouldn't have to explain why everyone would want a T-Shirt that reimagines the British coming on Paul Revere's watch as a giant invading robot army.


That's at Threadless (obv). For the record, if the Brits had used giant robots, we'd all be speaking British right now. Think about it.



Labels:

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home