Friday, January 29, 2010

Bobin to the Muppets

When it comes to opening theme songs, there's "The Muppet Show" and then there's everybody else.

Wow. Quasi-orgasmic. That just got me excited for John Cleese. JOHN CLEESE. No one has been excited for John Cleese in almost 2 decades, so that's impressive. I'm seriously contemplating some adaptation of this for my funeral. Anyhoodle, the news associated with this post is that Vulture is reporting the co-creator of "Flight of the Concords," James Bobin, has been offered the right of first refusal on directing the upcoming, Jason Segal-scripted, big-screen Muppet return. I don't yet know what comical misadventures our fuzzy friends will be engaged in, but I do know that I am so stupid excited for this that I am practically meeping like Beeker. Bobin has a relationship with Judd Apatow, as does Segal, which bodes well for the type of comedy we'll be getting. Then again, that was kind of to be expected given the nostalgia factor expressed by Segal in almost every interview. I don't think the studio realizes what kind of phenomenon they can have on their hands if they play things right. Between people from my age group (let's call that the 25+ group...just to be living in denial) and the market for children (the flippin' Squeakquel did north of 200 milly), this could be a well-timed cultural supernova. Watch out Avatar! I'm sicking Gonzo on your ass!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home