Wednesday, January 27, 2010

George Lucas is a big ole faerie

In a move I think I can safely say that none of us saw coming, THR is reporting that George Lucas is working on a "top-secret, untitled, CGI-animated film" that just happens to be a musical about faeries.

I. Shit. You. Not.

Faeries.

Now, we don't know if we're talking Tinkerbell or something more Shakesperean or Gaiman-ian, but we do know that it will include "a variety of different kinds of music." I'm assuming these will include, but will not be limited to, music from the genres Terrible, Awful, Horrendous, and OMFG It's a Musical About Faeries From George Lucas. David Berenbaum, who wrote Elf, is writing and Kevin Munroe is directing. And it's a musical about faeries...from George Lucas. If you go back in time and tell the little version of me who just watched Empire Strikes Back that the guy behind that world is going to make a glorified cartoon faerie musical, you will get to watch innocence die. "But...but why?" the young and not yet jaded by life version of me will ask. "Why would Mr. Lucas do that?" Because somewhere along the line, he decided to hate all that is good. I seriously don't know what this world is coming to but it makes me mad enough to want to dress George Lucas in some ridiculous racing outfit and hire NBA superstar-turned-announcer John Salley to hoist him in the air while copping a weird feel.
See, now that's power, bitches.

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

if only he would just die so somebody good could give me more kick ass star wars.

January 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home