Holmes and Watson must not live in Iowa
Today's intolerant movie news comes to you from Andrea Plunket, who is the copyright holder to the American versions of Sherlock Holmes stuff and a misguided dipshit. Responding to a few barbs and jokes about Watson and Holmes wanting to explore each other's mysteries made by the comfortable-with-his-sexuality Robert Downey Jr on the Letterman show, the bone-headed Ms. Plunket noted “I hope this is just an example of Mr. Downey's black sense of humor. It would be drastic, but I would withdraw permission for more films to be made if they feel that is a theme they wish to bring out in the future. I am not hostile to homosexuals, but I am to anyone who is not true to the spirit of the books.” A few quick notes: Anyone who says they're not "hostile to homosexuals" is hostile to homosexuals. I like how she didn't even bother to clean up the language. "I'm not hostile to homosexuals?" What does that mean? You don't spend weekends committing hate crimes? Good for you. I don't spend the weekends committing arson, we should hang out. How 'bout this, I'm VERY hostile to dingbats who respond to innocuous statements on talk shows for no good reason other than to get press and, in doing so, help to slightly widen the divide between "them" and "us." Shut your yapper, moron. As near as I can tell from some quick research, she's been married four times (yay for the sanctity of marriage) and got the rights by boning the dude who once held them. Way to stay "true to the spirit," Andrea! By the way, more people have now thought of Holmes hiding his magnifying glass in Watson's back pocket NOW than when Downey Jr mentioned it, so kudos there.

Labels: andrea plunket, Sherlock Holmes, sherlock holmes and watson gay, Watson and holmes gay


1 Comments:
How is Sherlock Holmes not in the public domain? He was first written in the 1800s. Hell, even Superman's in the public domain now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home