Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm hungry for Lost

Why, hello there "Losties," long time no see.

We're still 28 days away from the start of the most important 16 weeks of my life, so I thought this would be a good time to (A) begin making everybody start lusting for "Lost" and (B) set up some ground rules, which are kind of like "Lost" commandments in my book.

Commandment numero uno: Thou shalt NOT spoil anything for anyone anywhere on anything I do. For example: A good comment on my facebook, twitter, or here on this blog would be something like "I cannot believe how crazy that ending was." A bad comment would be "When Sayid ate Jack's face, I peed myself." Don't ruin things. It makes daddy mad.

Commandment numero dos: Thou shalt read Doc Jensen. There are literally hundreds of good sites that have dissections and insight into this brilliant show. None are as good as the Doc. Period. He's far more convinced with seeing what is thematically going on and not simplistically SOLVING everything. Oh, he tries to do that, too, but that's not his goal. He should probably be out fighting crime or something, but I'm glad he uses his analysis on my favorite program. Read him or miss out.

Commandment numero tres: Thou shalt have fun. Make wild conjectures. Think too big. Enjoy as I totally piss myself making terrible predictions for weekly episodes and miss the obvious. Share with others, if you find a cool site, explain what it is without spoilers (and warn if the link contains any) and then post away! This is what has made this show so incredibly fun. Unlike the "X-Files" or "Twin Peaks" (great shows, mind you), the themes and mysteries are so broad-based and entertaining that I may die when the show goes off the air. Die.

Commandment numero quatro: Thou shalt promote the show. Tell others, not just about this blog (which you should do) but about the show itself. For every person out there who said "I tried it, but I just couldn't stand waiting to find out what happened," you now have an answer. Go forth like religious nutsos and pass out flyers that say "Have you considered letting "Lost" into your life."

Commandment numero cinco: Thou shalt agree that Evangeline Lilly is divine and enjoy her repeated photos here.

http://www.sustainabilityninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/evangeline_lilly.jpg

So happy...

Okay, on to the "new" stuff. First up is a promo released by the gang at ABC, which shows the Losties sitting around "Last Supper" style. Doc Jensen really breaks it down, but the most obvious notes are:
  • Locke is in the Jesus position, which either references his PREVIOUS "resurrection"...or a new one
  • Sayid is in the Judas position
  • None of the old cast members are present despite being in other promos for this season
  • Frank Lupidus and Illana are there...and on opposite sides
  • Claire is back...ugggggggh

Okay, now on to the really cool one. Over at Teefury, which I pimp ALL the time...so they SHOULD REALLY JUST SEND ME THIS T-SHIRT FOR FREE, they have this:

Before you ask, Shawarma is a Middle Eastern sandwich. This makes me laugh.

Okay, that's all for now, guys. We're going to have so much fun soon...I can't wait.


Labels: , , ,

Custom Search

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sara Carns said...

Seriously excited for this season. I think Locke is going to go all out "Jesus" style at some point... sacrifice himself for the others (?others? hmmm...) and I'm hoping it'll be really gruesome, not just the big bad smoke monster eating him or Ben shooting him into a ditch. And even though I'm a girl, and my boat's never floated down that stream, I can still admit Evangeline Lilly is HOT. I'd make out with her... if I was drunk... hehehe...

January 05, 2010  
Blogger Ryan said...

See, I don't know if Locke is going to be a redemptive figure or a tragic one. Doc Jensen has a theory that he's going to be the one judging everyone...I like that. Oh, and don't feel bad about those conflicted feelings regarding Evangeline, she has magic powers.

January 05, 2010  
Anonymous Sara Carns said...

See, I should have read Doc's site before I commented. Loved it, thanks for the recomend. Especially his idea that maybe the Universes of Battlestar Gallactica & Lost will collide. Hilarious.... I need to watch Season five again to get a nice refresher before the new season starts.

January 05, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home