Friday, January 22, 2010

You know what I haven't said lately? Crom!

I've never been a huge Conan fan, but I get the appeal of the character. It's a big hulking dude with a big-ass sword who kills the shit out of bad guys with said big-ass sword. See?
I liked the versions that starred the Governator, but I wasn't totally enamored with them. That said, when I heard that Brett Ratner was going to be directing the relaunch of the series, I threw up a little. Not because I felt a great character was about to get violated, but because I honestly thought someone had killed Brett Ratner by now. Then he went off the project, and I breathed a sigh of relief because I assumed he is once more returned to the underworld where the demons who used to puppeteer Strom Thermond feast on his flesh. Now the film is being directed by Marcus Nispel, whose last name sounds made up. I haven't seen the Friday the 13th remake by Nispel, so I only know that he looks like a serial killer who used to belong in the Village People. See?Well LatinoReview informed me (and the rest of the world) that Nispel has his Conan! And it's a guy who used to be on a "Baywatch" spinoff and a "Stargate" spinoff (not the proud mothership version with the pre-chub MacGuyver). His name is Jason Momoa, and he looks bad ass. See?

So that's the exciting news! To me, it's cool that he's not a whitey mcwhite white, as I usually have a hard time believing that our ancestors had the European pasty thing going on. Also, he seems like he could shit a cougar, so there's that. Oh, but the real scoop is from LatinoReview's quick hit that the role of Conan's dad, Corin, has been offered to Mickey Rourke, who is crazy. See?
That's not for a movie. That's a Saturday afternoon for Mickey Rourke. Seriously. I'm curious about Conan now, and not 100% for the "right" reasons but somewhat because we're going to see Mickey Rourke's exposed moobs again.

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will be interested in seeing this but damn it. Give me that Solomon Kane movie that showed up long enough to get me excited and then disappear forever.

January 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home