Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A good day for Greek mythology and a great day for a friend of mine

If it seems like I'm distracted while I'm writing this, it's only because I'm still mostly thinking about last night's episode of "Lost" (it's a grower). But since you didn't come here to watch me write, because that would be an insanely weird web site, I'm going to give you a little somethin' somethin' in the way of some pretty cool movie news. I have an affinity for Greek mythology to the point where I took an entire Greek drama class, even though I didn't have to...and now that I think about it, that class kind of turned my life into a quasi-Greek tragedy for awhile (interesting). One of my fave comics right now is "The Incredible Hercules," which is hip deep in Gods and Goddesses. I'm totally pumped for Clash of the Titans, even though the original will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. So, with all of this in mind, here's a sexy photo shoot with Freida Pinto.


Now, you're thinking, Ryan, as much as I enjoyed/respected/was disgusted by that, I want to know what this movie news is! According to Variety, Pinto will be playing Phaedra (an oracle princess) in War of the Gods. It's going to be a 300-style film directed by Tarsem Singh, so that's incredibly cool too. Singh is really underrated as a director, and I can't wait to see what he does with this concept. The official description of the film is as follows:

"A purported bastard who retains an allegiance to his mother despite the fact that he longs to join the quest of a king who is battling demons in ancient Greece later embarks on a grail of discovery that has him finding he is the king’s son and also fated to become his country’s greatest hero as he leads the successful war against long-imprisoned Titans who are hoping to use the demons to restore their power.”

Any film that begins with "a purported bastard" and ends with casting Freida Pinto works for me. Plus, I know that there's a very good friend of mine who is now eagerly anticipating War of the Gods, possibly even counting down the days in some creepy calendar he's carved into his flesh. He loves the Pinto that much.

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous El Segundo said...

Now, lets just think about all the things that just happened...okay im back, had to change my pantaloons (yeah they're frilly but I like 'em)Ok so as if a movie about Greek Mythology, proof that X-men should be the driving force in all religons and deities, you through(gulp) Frieda Pinto in the mix... I don't know what kind of friendship you have going on with this "friend"(LOSTLOSTLOST) but i'm assuming you should hold onto it because he/she has a higher quality of taste than Mr. Pibb's slightly more educated brother Dr. Pepper. BTW Im hopin we get a floaty spinny cool colored slo-mo of Pinto, get some.

February 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home