Friday, February 12, 2010

The last Terminator post for awhile, I swear

Considering that I only loved Terminator 2, and merely liked The Terminator and Terminator 3, while LOATHING Terminator Salvation, I sure do spend a crapload of time talking about the franchise. I guess it's just that I see the juicy potential and hate to see good juice wasted (mmm, juice). The latest news about the maligned franchise is that McG was thinking of suing to get to direct the next two movies, or he did start suing and lost, or something. I don't know. All I know is that if it takes a congressional act to get McG to NOT direct these movies, we'll make it happen. In fact, let's go ahead and draft the McF**k McG bill RIGHT NOW and prohibit him from ever directing ANYTHING ever again. Supposedly, McG's movies would have followed the story he barfed up in the last movie, potentially taking the robot war entirely back in time to London...or something? I don't know. Again, it's not happening. What MAY happen is presented to us from Deadline Hollywood, who says that the uncredited co-writer of the original two films, William Wisher, has penned a treatment to wrap up the last two movies in this series. He's part of what it's about.

“It takes place in a post-apocalyptic battleground, and factors in an element of time travel that allows for Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese to interact beyond their single fateful meeting when he traveled back in time to protect her in the original film. Wisher has created a role for Arnold Schwarzenegger that is as surprising as his shift from villain in the first film, to John Connor’s bodyguard in the second. Schwarzenegger wouldn’t be needed until the final film. …”

Okay. That's fine. I'll be down with that if it happens and you totally ignore the waste of time and energy that was T4, which you can do pretty easily. I am all for wrapping this up and either starting over or starting in a new direction, which is what I think McG was trying to do when he massively McFailed. You know what else just popped into my mind, a bridge between my earlier Twilight post and this one!

Bryce Dallas Howard is lovely, right? Look how pretty.

But she appeared in Spider-man 3; the first two installments of the series were good, then ker-splat on the third. She appeared in Terminator 4, the first 3 installments were mostly good, then ker-splat on the fourth. She's slated to appear in Twilight 3, the first two installments were crap...what if she makes it good? That would be crazy?!!! I think this is a theory worth investigating. The Bryce Dallas Howard theorem is born!

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home