Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God bless people who work harder than me

Slashfilm.com took the time to compile various comic book-related news and info from recent days into one handy-dandy post. Apparently, when you get paid to just work on a blog, you have time for such things. When you have many other jobs, you just post a link to someone else's blog and resynopsize it on your own, adding flippant comments to make yourself feel as though you contributed. This just in: I have now realized that I'm lame. This won't change anything you read here, but know that I know that.

Starting in the same order as those hard workers from Slash (not the guy from Guns N' Roses, who we all know is in no way a hard worker), they report that fellow hard-working blog Collider took part in a conference call with Joss Whedon. If you don't know who that is, I'm really going to have a hard time capturing your interest for the next few minutes. The man picked to direct The Avengers was asked about this task, to which he replied "I have no directing skills." As we all know, this is self-deprecation...although he hasn't done anything NEAR the level of the giganto-flick that this superhero orgy will be. I wonder how many blog hits I'll get for including the phrase "superhero orgy?" Also, that was all of the news reported from that conference call. This begs the question, what was the point of that conference call?

Alvin Sargent has been brought back in to work on the Spider-man reboot's script, which I constantly convince myself is just a nightmare I created in my own brain after bad Thai food.
THR notes that Sargent has worked on every Spidey film, which is interesting because that's both a compliment and an insult. Supposedly he's the guy who works on the more emotional stuff...so it's up in the air the degree of responsibility Sargent has in the "emo Peter Parker" department. This incredibly small news nugget only serves to remind me that despite my wishing it away, they really, truly are going to ruin Spider-man, aren't they? They're going to Twilight-up my favorite character in the world, presumably to punish me for something I didn't really do. I'm like the A-Team, really.

Now, the big one. How many of you recognize this guy?

Again, if you don't know him, I'm seriously wondering if you meant to read a different blog this morning. The Playlist talked to a source who supposedly said that Fillion is up for a small role in Captain America and a big, big, big role in The Avengers and beyond. This is clearly nothing more than fan dreaming, but what can I say, it's a good dream. The role is Hank Pym. Ant-Man. This would be incredibly perfect for Fillion, who has deserved not only his own superhero role, but something far grander than "Castle" for a long time now. He has oodles of charisma and a bond with Whedon that some may describe as akin to a "heterosexual life-mate." I don't care if this is just a rumor right now. It needs to happen. So let's push hard, now and make this a reality.

So there you have it. There's the news from other people, collected by someone else, and retyped here for your benefit. I'm a valuable member of society. At least my last name isn't McClammy.

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home