Friday, July 16, 2010

I am about to love Ben Affleck again

You know why I love Benjy? Oh, it's not just because I still rank Chasing Amy on my all-time favorite movies list or because I used to look like him back when we both had a goatee and neither of us had time for the gym or because he gets to touch Jennifer Garner every night or because he made one of the best guilty pleasure movies ever in Armageddon or because he doesn't take himself too seriously or because he is still best friends with his best friends from before he was famous or because he cast his brother in his directorial debut or because that movie, Gone Baby Gone was the best film in the year it came out. Nope. It's because he listened to me. When he made his directorial debut I predicted he would be a great director one day, not a good one or a serviceable one, but that we would one day be talking about Affleck like Eastwood, a decent actor who is an incredibly respected director. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the trailer for the second film by Ben Affleck.


Did you not get chills at that? Like a blend of The Dark Knight, The Departed, and Heat, this movie is touching so many of my buttons, it's like a 3-year-old in a skyscraper's elevator. Oooooohwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee does it look good. Okay, I'm going to go change my pants now. While I do that, feel free to watch something fun on this Friday, like this fake trailer that explores the "Ferris Bueller/Fight Club Theory," which holds that Ferris was just a figment of Cameron's imagination, like Tyler Durden. These two videos may be too much awesome for one post. I may crash the Internets.




Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home