Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slow news day (volume one)

I was going to write something about the newly released Roman Polanski being treated like a fish, in that we didn't really do anything with him (like eat him) after the Swedish authorities caught him but we did make him late for things...so take that! Then I remembered that (A) I hate that douchebag rapist so talking about him makes me feel ishy and (B) that is waaaaay too heavy of a story to use as filler. Sure, you can get a few good "Swedish authorities" jokes while recapping the events, but for the most part, you want to stay away from comedy in a story involving an adolescent being drugged and violated. Enjoy your Oscar, Rom-rom!

So on this, a slow-ass news day, I figured the best I could do was find a bit of casting news that could serve as a distraction.
Distracted? I thought so. She's going to play the female lead in I'm.mortal, which uses punctuation in an attempt to be clever and yet ignores the wittiest of all grammar markers (the semicolon). The synopsis, which I found over at Latinoreview.com, is as follows:

In "I'm.mortal" time has become the currency. The rich are immortal, while the rest struggle to stay alive. When a rebel from the ghetto is falsely accused of murdering a wealthy man for his time, he is forced to go on the run with a beautiful hostage (Seyfried). Together, this duo rages against the system, living minute to minute. They discover that love is more powerful than all the time in the world.


I don't mind it, but you just know it has zero chance of being good. It's got that exact type of concept where in the hands of someone skilled, with talented folks in it, it could be Children of Men and without those things it's Repo Men. Seyfried is lovely, albeit a little wooden lately. And by that I mean she's not performing that well, not that she's been replaced by a female Pinocchio.

Labels: , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home