Friday, September 10, 2010

Too good to be true

Happy Friday morning to you! Yes, it's grim and gray outside if you call the Omaha Metro area home. Yes, this weekend is staring me down with a variety of tasks and a funeral. Yes, I'm practically delirious with exhaustion to the point where I had those meta-dreams last night where I dreamed about sleep. But you know what? Brett Favre looked like a clown last night (best moment: when the announcers finally conceded that his completing one pass in the second half might just have something to do with not being on the same page as his receivers...on account of him SKIPPING ON CAMP). Not only that, but my Bears play on Sunday and I'm decked out early in my Forte jersey (mostly so I can be photoshopped in to the CD105.9 image that featured all of the NFC North except my beloved Bears). So, it's weekend time, and that's always a good thing.

Now I'm going to get your hopes up for no good reason.

Sorry, I don't mean to do it. But comic artist Brendan McCarthy mentioned that he had a meeting with Disney (who now owns Marvel, remember) during which they discussed Pixar potentially doing a Dr. Strange movie.
BY THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH! This is perhaps the best idea that doesn't start with "We should give Ryan Syrek all of this money" or "I'm Natalie Portman, and I have too many clothes on and am nowhere near Ryan Syrek." We have no reason to believe there's even a chance this will take shape. I mean, it would take years for them to get such a project ready, and supposedly the film is in more advanced state than that...but COME ON! This is literally the best option for this material. Dr. Strange is going to have a hard time fitting into the world Marvel has already established. Plus, if you're going to do it right and live action, the budget is going to be absolutely enormous for a character that, let's face it, isn't a household name (maybe it's the ridiculous facial hair?). However, if you slap Pixar's brand on it, you INSTANTLY get more people into it. The only reason this won't happen is because someone hates things that are good and hates me. Of course, this is based on the conversation that one comic book artist I've never heard of had with Disney months ago. Oh, Internets, why do you taunt us so?

Follow me on Twitter!

Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home