Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The gritty truth? I love it.

When I heard that the Coen Brothers were the ones remaking True Grit, I thought "Okay, I can get behind this." When I heard that they were considering Jeff Bridges for the eye-patched role embodied by John Wayne, I thought "now we're talking." When I heard from everyone and their mother this morning that Josh Brolin and Matt Damon are in talks to star as the other leads, I thought "did I dream about eating a tuna-flavored muffin with Ellen Degeneres or did I really eat a tuna-flavored muffin with Ellen Degeneres...oh, and that Josh Brolin/Matt Damon news kicks ass." There is literally not a better cast I could have thought of for this movie, and the chances are now high that we're talking about one of the few remakes that is going to be poised for serious Oscar lovin' (and I do not mean a flirty massage from a trash-can dwelling grouch). Also, I had nearly forgotten why I love Brolin so much, beyond his great performance in W, but then I remembered this:

Yeah, it's hard not to laugh your ass off while watching the two handcuffed guys discussing how one got tased and the other offers some kisseyface. That's just good stuff. So, there you have it, I can't wait for True Grit and I love Josh Brolin's kisseyface.

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home