Monday, December 28, 2009

Honestly, I won't be listening

As Brendon at Slashfilm eloquently and intelligently notes, Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" is "one of the most beloved, discussed and arguably overplayed pieces of film music in the medium’s entire history." I mean, I could give a shit because I love it so much, but he's totally right. I love it so much I'm going to post it right here just so I can listen to it again.



In fact, read everything that I write here on this blog with this soundtrack playing. Yeah, it will make my jokes a lot less funny but (A) you weren't going to laugh anyway and (B) I'll give up a little laughter in order to feel bad-ass, which is what this song makes everything feel like. To get to the point, Mansell scores director Darren Aronofsky's stuff, it's what he does. So he's going to score Black Swan, which is (wait for it) the movie in which Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have angry sex. Yep, photo time:
http://www.dorksandlosers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Mila_Kunis-Complex-apr2008_h13.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiFT7kp7xdCRNjljKDgM-DnJWG-DPaGZAZBdsvOcUXz67qU2lXA5KIqBg-w4hdZi_TlbnzSKX5awd2RaZXCJqqrIJO8V2VD3s3SU1x2huaz_Z1VNEkiz8-rokbRUQhqyWcHiZ6nIIlQuTU/s400/Hollywood-Sexy-Actress-Natalie-Portman-Hot-Bikini-Pics-Photos.jpg
Okay, back to the actual story at hand. Mansell is going to base his score for Black Swan (potentially) on "Swan Lake." That's all kinds of awesome. He's going to jack with the structure and whatnot, but that's his plan. How cool would that be? The Slashfilm story goes on to talk about how Mansell's score for Moon was rad (which it was) and how he and Duncan Jones (the director of Moon) want to hook up again (for movies, not relations...although maybe that too, who's to say and I'm not judging) but may not be able to. I hope they do because I like them both very much, but until then, I'll have to console myself by thinking about Kunis on Portman action set to a funky "Swan Lake." Weird...but hot.

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home