Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why not start shooting on July 4?

You know things have reached an epic slowdown regarding movie rumors and news when I'm posting information regarding a movie's initial production start date. Woo hoo, let's hear it for the wit and whimsy that surrounds scheduling! In an interview with Fangoria, Joe Johnston talked a bit about Captain America. Let me be the first to say how scared I am that it's Joe Johnston working on the World War II-centric The First Avenger: Captain America movie. How scared am I? I'm more scared of that than the title The First Avenger: Captain America. People who make titles are stupid. Johnston was discussing Wolfman, which somehow won me over with its hairy goodness and I now want to see it, and he revealed that Cap will shoot in June. Why is this cool? Well first and foremost it means Marvel's plan to dump not one but two major projects on our faces in 2011 is well on it's way (Thor hits us in the nuts with a hammer before Cap throws his shield in our sternum). Second, it means that we are inching ever closer to finally nailing down who will play Cap. My vote remains for John "He looks like a cartoon pilot" Hamm (shown here):
http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/wp-content/gallery/2009-09-11-dr-drew/16-john-hamm.jpg
If Marvel is willing to cast someone who is old enough to feed himself and DOESN'T want Hamm (though I don't know why), I will accept Aaron Eckhart.
http://timothyzhu.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/aaron-eckhart.jpg
Sadly, Marvel will inevitably want to skew younger, so I will also accept the following:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/30/ryan_gosling.jpg
Ryan Gosling

All this is based on "talent" and "acting," so we'll likely see some dude from "Gossip Girl" or freakin' "Friday Night Lights," which I could care less about no matter how good you say it is rest-of-the-world. Give us an actor with chops to play the Godfather of Marvel superheroes. That's all I ask. And now we know that the announcement should be developing in the next two months or so.


Labels: , , , ,

Custom Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cameron said...

I agree with your first two, they have jaws that could play Thor's hammer, but gosling... well he's just wittle.

December 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home