Facial hair on the brain
I shaved my beard off, mostly because I had simply grown tired of it, as I am prone to do with anything other than all of popular culture and kettle-corn chips. Now I look like a 12-year-old version of myself. Seriously, I look like a motion capture rendering of myself. It's kind of embarrassing. Anyhoodle, I mention this because the biggest issue in the Golden Globe kerfuffle (Avatar WHAT?!) was actually Robert Downey Jr's facial hair.
This isn't a fashion thing like what the she-beast Joan Rivers, who suckles at the teat of our mutual destruction, is obsessed with. No, this is nerd-related shit here. Devin, who is himself quite bearded, has a great piece at CHUD about what Downey Jr REGROWING the now famous Tony Stark facial hair may mean. Essentially, Devin thinks he's either doing a reshoot for Iron Man 2, which wrapped awhile back now, or (more exciting) shooting a cameo in the now shooting Thor. FYI, when I typed that last sentence, I originally put that he was shooting a camero, which would be way cooler. Devin makes a great, great, great point about how director Jon Favreau and Downey riffed so well while shooting the first one that they went back and shored it up after they looked through the editing stage, so he hopes that's what's happening now to give us the strongest possible Iron Man 2. That's great if that's the case, but my panties are in a superheroic bunch at the lucious, sexy thought of having RDJ appear in some quasi-substantial way in Thor. At this rate, The Avengers movie is already a thing of legend to me...and they haven't even written it yet.

Labels: Iron Man 2, Robert Downey Jr, robert downey jr's facial hair


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home