Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I would do the same thing, Jason Segal

If I were hired to write the new Muppet Movie, I would make one thing clear: Only one human is capable of playing the character I'm about to write and that's me, baby. How could you possibly pass on your chance to play with the Muppets in person? Oh, sure, writing them is awesome, but I want to be punched by Miss Piggy, warble with Beeker, and run from Animal. Heat Vision is reporting that Jason Segal, writer of the upcoming Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made, is no dummy. He just got cast as the lead. As for the script, Slashfilm spilled more than I've heard before with the following:

"Segel’s role is as human Gary, a chap whose best friend is the puppet bear Walter. Together they go on a journey with Gary’s girlfriend Mary to defeat the evil Tex Richman, a man who doesn’t find the Muppets funny and thinks he can smell oil beneath their studio. There are plenty of celebrity cameos written into the script (please, Sean Penn, say yes) and a great showcase piece each for most of my favorite Muppets."

I think I just peed a little. Sean Penn? That's just...inspired. I'm so full of joy at this moment I think I'm ready to run around and wave my arms around like a Muppet myself. Now here's Gonzo and some chickens just for fun.



Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home