Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sayid Kills Someone and Other "Lost" Predictions

This week is incredibly important for our favorite show. I just assume it's your favorite show, too, or what reason would you possibly have to be reading this gibberish. We've seen the characters "move into position." We've been given the "flavor" of the "flash sideways." We've been told time and time and time again that "a war" is coming, that "someone" is coming to the island, and that "the sickness" is "going to take over" people like Sayid. It needs to happen now. We don't need an episode where someone walks to get to a location or a flash sideways where someone is driving to get to a location. It's time for something to happen. It doesn't have to be answer after answer, it just has to be exciting and immediate. That last word is the most important. Immediate. I know that the episode gets its title from Flocke's threat that will be issued to the temple residents that they have until sundown to flee or surrender or something. That's fine. Unless the episode ENDS with sundown finally hitting. It's time to just uncork, to deliver the dramatic conflict we've waited for. Will it happen?! Probably not.

But here is what I think will happen.

Predictions for "Sundown"

1.) No Jacob
- I think we're going to get into a pattern where any episode that prominently features the Man in Black (Flocke) does NOT feature Jacob. It's this painful waiting game where we won't see the two of them together until the climactic final sequences of the season. Since we KNOW things are going to get Flocke-y this week, I say no Jakey. Oh, a word of caution for all of you out there. I know that many people, like myself, enjoy seeing what others have to say but DO NOT like having things spoiled for them. The producers can keep as tight a lid as they'd like, but once the last episode is filmed...actually filmed...every sound editor, gaffer, prop holder, and so on and so on has access to information you have waited 6 years to get. When the last book of "Harry Potter" came out, there were stories of assholes writing the ending on subways in graffiti and shit. Be careful. Don't go to forums that you can't trust implicitly. Don't do searches for things regarding "Lost." If you want to enjoy this right, put YOURSELF in a cone of silence...pretty much starting now. You're safe here, but that's all I can promise.

2.) Christian returneth! - I know this is a repeat prediction on my part...but we HAVE to see Christian again soon. He's been too important in the course of the show and has now been discarded like Claire should have been. Actually, Claire is the connection here. We KNOW that suddenly knappy-haired Claire had a ton of encounters with ghostly Christian, so perhaps she will bridge the gap that brings Christian back to us! I would really love for that to be the case. My own personal confusion regarding WHO Christian is and how he's involved is at an all time high. I need some measure of advancement on that front before I get stabby.

3.) Ben's posse arrives - Haven't we kept Ben away from all of the good characters for too long? Haven't we made Sun do enough boring standing around and wandering? It's time to get all of our gang together, and that means having Mr. Linus and his walking buds finally arrive at the Temple. This may not seem like all that big of a deal, but if it means that we don't have to watch another "trek through the jungle" episode, I'm good with that.

4.) Sayid kills someone
- Yes, it's that age-old prediction of...WAIT, WHY WOULD I PUT THIS AT NUMBER 4?! SAYID KILLS SOMEONE IS ALWAYS PREDICTION NUMBER 5!! I END WITH IT BECAUSE IT'S PUNCHY AND FUNNY AND IT'S BECOME A TRADEMARK AND THE ONLY REASON I WOULD POSSIBLY PUT IT AT 4 IS IF....

5.) Sayid dies - It's the final season. Nobody has died yet. It's time to raise the stakes. It's going to pain me to lose Mr. Jarrah. I hope I'm wrong. I know his character has been thoroughly explored, I know he has little really left to "do" or "offer," but we've spent so much time together he and I. Why, it seems like just yesterday I watched him kill someone with his feet. My prediction is that Sayid comes to understand that the darkness IS growing in him. That he DOES kill someone (maybe the translator?) and realizes he's about to become something awful. One last time, he does the most heroically redemptive thing he can do. Mirroring the time that he went walking down the beach after he gave in and tortured Sawyer, I think he's going to take his own life somehow. If not this episode, then soon.

Sniffle. I hope that I'm wrong on that last one. Okay, here's hoping for a slam-bang epi this week, or at the very least a damn enjoyable one. Fingers crossed!

Labels: , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home