Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Box Office Results: There be dragons at the top...again

Wow, so that 3D thing helps then? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the good news trumpet that everyone is blowing in regards to the returns that How to Train Your Dragon is bringing in, but you and I both know that's at least in part due to the inflated 3D ticket prices...especially because there was a dramatic increase in 3D ticket prices just before Alice in Wonderland posted that remarkable tally (especially given that the film was shit). Again, let me reiterate, I do not wish this Dreamworks dribbler any ill will. It's just that I'm tired of the love that gets dumped its direction when, really, it's just performing well, not incredible. Not performing even well: both The Losers and The Back-up Plan (which should be called the "Back-up and Walk Away, J-Lo" Plan.)

Here are the results, haiku style:

1.) How to Train Your Dragon - $15 million (Accuracy of prediction - 96.5%)

The dragons still reign!
This sounds like a fairy tale.
Just not a new one.

2.) The Back-Up Plan - $12 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90%)

So much for that, huh?
You had it all dear J. Lo.
Now? Vh1 time.

3.) Date Night - $10.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 80%)

Still truckin' along!
Good word of mouth must be out.
Slow but steady wins!

4.) The Losers - $9.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 51%)

I know there's a joke...
Something about how this failed...
Hmm...I'll think of it.

5.) Kick-Ass - $9.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 82%)

Overseas, it's hot.
This is good, because we suck.
I wanted better.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 80%

Not a bad effort,
but certainly not my best.
Sounds like a Monday.

Okay gang, that's it. Behave on this start of the workweek and I'll see you tomorrow.


Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home