Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Box Office Results: Unlike the Harry Potter series, my good luck ends

I was on one of those legendary streaks, having done insanely well in this box office game that no one cares about but me for literally months now. I hadn't missed a top 5 finish in at least 9 weeks, maybe longer (I don't know for sure how many, I can't count on Mondays, it's against my religion). I was feeling good about myself, you know, like maybe things were looking up for old Ryan. Plus, it's my blog-a-versary this week (Thursday, but you already know that and have mailed the presents by now...right?), so I was hoping for something special. Then came this weekend, when the fifth place film and the eight place film were decided by less than $800,000 (which is, you know, more money than I'll see in a lifetime but is relatively small in box office terms). The result of this combined with the infinite sorrow of the previous Twilight news is a Monday for the ages. I'm sadder than the saddest sad panda.

Here are the (sad) results (in Haiku form, per usual):

1.) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $79.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 91.5%)

It's beloved worldwide,
but can't top Transformers here.
Harry - 0, Bay - 1

2.) Ice Age 3 - $18 million (Accuracy of prediction - 97%)

Extinction is slow,
why can't this movie just die?
Evolution? Please.

3.) Transformers 2 - $14 million (Accuracy of prediction - 97%)

I just have one thought.
Please, Michael Bay...go away
before I hurt you.

4.) Bruno - $8.3 million (Accuracy of prediction - 82%)

Talk about failing!
It dropped nearly three quarters.
Borat 2 anyone?

5.) The Hangover - $8.25 million (Accuracy of prediction - 0%)

Nice to see you back.
Thanks for ruining my good streak.
Now please leave again.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 74%

Dog days of summer
loom before me. Quite scary.
Happy Monday, gang!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home