Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Box Office Results: You love Bruno...just not like that

Nobody reasonable expected Bruno to do Borat money, mainly because of the hierarchy of social satire (xenophobia > homophobia > cheese-prejudice). Whereas the crazy Kazakh made people laugh somewhat uncomfortably (mostly during a few choice nude scenes), Bruno's entire schtick is to create discomfort, and some people apparently don't find that desirable. Me? I live for discomfort. It's why God created brillo-pad underwear. No way Bruno does Borat money, as the hype with that first film was organic and grew like Ryan Seacrest's ego. This one should drop precipitously next week, but I don't care, as I'm waiting to see what Sasha Baron Cohen will do now that he's pretty much exhausted his premade characters (yes, there was an Ali G movie...no, I do not recommend it). Also, it looks like Transformers is finally calming a bit, with Harry Potter sure to take a wizard-sized chunk out of robot ass this weekend. Final gross should be below $400 million, which is gross enough for me, thank you. The only other major note this weekend: America has spoken via decreased ratings for "Heroes" and a tanked first major movie. We hate you Hayden Panitierre. Go back to whatever disinteresting hole birthed you.

Here are the results (haiku style):

1.) Bruno - $30.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 97%)

Sorry, dear Bruno.
You will not get Borat love.
Is it the umlaut?

2.) Ice Age 3 - $28.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 93%)

Prehistoric gang
should meet their end this weekend.
Potter crushes all.

3.) Transformers 2 - $24 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92%)

One more time at least,
I'd like to thank Michael Bay,
for my lack of worth.

4.) Public Enemies - $14 million (Accuracy of prediction - 98%)

A forgotten film
that deserved much, much better.
Blame Bay for this too.

5.) The Proposal - $10.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 93%)

Congrats to Ryan,
on his big Green Lantern role.
Never look back, buddy.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 95%

Perhaps my best week,
not that anybody cares.
I am proud of me!

Happy Monday, movie lovers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home