Idle Speilbergian hands...
There's two ways this can go: Either the news that Steven Spielberg has left the abomination that would have been the remake of Harvey (thus leaving him currently projectless) means that he will finally tackle something he's wanted to tackle for awhile (a spiritual sequel to Close Encounters? His Abraham Lincoln movie?) or we're going to get another Indiana Jones movie. Really, nobody has a clue what the guy's doing next, which is potentially crazy, given the fact that the dude stacks projects upon projects like drunk stack beer-amids. The problem with future Indy movies isn't scripting, we all know they claim to wait for "the right idea" or "the right script" but anyone who's seen George Lucas write knows that he's basically just finger painting with random bad ideas. With this giant, gaping hole in Speilberg's production schedule, and with Harrison Ford scheduled for his prune enema next year, I'm guessing this would be one of those few "strike while the iron is hot" moments that the film could come together. Oh, it most likely won't (to the pleasure and joy of many), but it could...in fact, if not now, I don't know when. Also, I'd like to point out that it's been at least three weeks since the last rumors I heard about Indy 5, so if this could be a start point for more rampant speculation and baseless lies, I'd really appreciate it. Things get so boring without it.

Labels: George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones 5, steven spielberg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home