Friday, January 15, 2010

Fearless, Flawless Box Office Predictions

This is starting to get repetitive. Avatar, Avatar, Avatar. Blah, blah, blah. How in the world can I spice this up and break the monotony?

http://www.tmresimler.com/data/media/879/evangeline_lilly.jpg
There, all better. Now we can move on to discussing the intricate ins and outs of the weekend box office stuffs. Oh, and we're going to be doing the three-day weekend thing because I have Monday off (yeah, no bloggy blog on that day, I'm out of town). Here's how I see this weekend breaking down, haiku style.

1.) Avatar - $43 million

The Dark Knight is next
on its box office onslaught.
Will Titanic hold?

2.) The Book of Eli - $30 million

Spoiler Alert Time
I know the secret book's name:
"Tuesdays with Morrie."

3.) Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel - $14 million

I'm sick of this too.
When will the chipmunks be gone?
Exterminate them.

4.) The Spy Next Door - $12 million

Poor old Jackie Chan
First Rush Hour 3 and now this
Stop making me sad.

5.) Sherlock Holmes - $11 million

Elementary.
That's a good descriptor here.
We knew this would rule.

WILDCARD - The Lovely Bones - $10 million

Not a crowd pleaser...
and not a critic pleaser.
That does not bode well.

Okay gang. That's it. Have a lovely 3-day weekend (if you get it). Stay safe, have fun and see you next week.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home